Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
* Scholarly articles are generally longer, at least 8 pages and as long as 20 pages.
* Scholarly articles have numerous footnotes or citations in the text.
* Scholarly articles appear in scholarly publications, often sponsored or published by professional organization or universities
* Scholarly articles are written by authors with academic credentials in the field
Tips for Finding Film Articles
Start by searching for the name of your film, then try adding to your search:
* The keyword "film" or "movie."
* The name of director, producer, or actor.
* The year the movie was released.
Librarian for English
, English Literature
, Film and Digital Media
, Gender Studies
, Intercultural Studies
, Latin American and Caribbean Studies
, Middle East and North African Studies
, Modern Languages
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
Finding Scholarly Articles about Films
To find scholarly articles about film in OneSearch, you may find it helpful to limit your search to Scholarly and Peer-Review under Modify Your Search and choose Film as your discipline.
US Major Dailies
US Major Dailies provides access to the five most respected US national and regional newspapers, including The New York Times, Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, and Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune. The content is available by 8am each day and provides archives stretching as far back as 1985.