Multimedia Service for Classrooms and Meeting Spaces
Description: Services to ensure classrooms and meeting spaces are suitably equipped and functional to meet the needs of the education and collaboration experience.
Eligibility: faculty and staff
How to request: Contact the IT Help Center
Initiated: IT Help Request system; classroom technology refresh as planned with the advice and guidance from the Information Technology Advisory Committee
Availability: This service is available between 8:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday except holidays and campus shutdowns.
Charges: Internal planning, configuration and maintenance services provided at no cost to customer. ITS has a limited budget for planned audio and video upgrades for classroom spaces. Meeting spaces are funded by either an approved college project budget, or from funding provided by the Vice President responsible for the meeting space.
- Provides consulting and expertise for physical site audio/video and infrastructure assets such as floor space, cabling, and mounting of equipment. Coordinates with Physical Plant and 3rd party contractors.
- Designs, plans and estimates costs of appropriate audio/video accommodations for new construction and renovations to include multiple competitive bids from vendors.
- Acquires appropriate multimedia teaching and presentation technologies.
- Manages, tests and maintains multimedia for classroom teaching stations.
- Represents Information Technology Services in extending audio/video services to campus clients.
- Monitors use of physical premises to identify spaces for upgrades or downgrades to accommodate changes in multimedia equipment capability or general infrastructure.
- Oversees changes to multimedia teaching and presentation station infrastructure to ensure existing services are not adversely impacted by construction activities.
- Ensures proper labeling of multimedia equipment and cables.
- Oversees repairs to physical site multimedia components done by 3rd parties and validated that repairs meet expected benefits.
- Manages and maintains conference and meeting room audio and video equipment that have been designed and installed by ITS with approved college budgets.
Owner: Donnie Brown
- Approved designated budget for the design, implementation and support of audio / video systems.
- Appropriate network and construction infrastructure to support requirements.
- Appropriate College-owned computer designated for the classroom or meeting space.
- Consulting with primary stakeholders.
- Satisfied ITS Help Requests.
- Technical use support.
- Participation in construction or planning meetings/committees as appropriate.
- Techqual rating above minimum for availability of classrooms or other meeting spaces with technology that enhances the teaching and learning experience.
- Mean time to repair break/fix incidents less than 5 business days