Cable TV Management
Description: This service manages and maintains the University cable TV infrastructure including the cable TV network cabling and channel feeds from contracted service providers.
Eligibility: students, faculty, and staff
How to request: IT Help Request system; requests escalated from the IT Help Center
Initiated: IT Help Request, or part of new or renovated physical plant planning
Availability: Campus cable TV service is available 24 x 7 except during announced service downtimes; ITS staff for assistance available during normal business hours 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday except for holidays and college shutdowns.
Charges: There are no charges for this service
- Plan, install, configure and test cable TV systems and configurations to deliver contracted and University cable TV channels.
- Provide adequate video quality to cable TV jacks.
- Provide channel programming guide.
- Process fulfillment requests for installation, moves, adds and changes to approved cable TV locations.
- Provide cable TV requirements to support procurement activities.
- Maintain cable TV assets in compliance with supporting 3rd party vendor and lease requirements.
- Maintain information about installed cable TV hardware and networking configuration items and ensure accuracy and availability to others.
- Provide consulting services and support for cable TV jack testing, installation, deployment and operation.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support services for cable TV channels and cabling components.
- Implement capacity planning and tuning actions for cable TV assets.
- Coordinate and schedule Cable TV repair services with 3rd party vendors and validate that expected repairs achieve expected benefits
Owner: Brian Rawlinson
- Power and operating environment for cable TV equipment
- Channels provided by contracted 3rd party service providers
- Functional service provider signaling equipment
- Completed ITS Help Requests
- Consulting and support
- 98% uptime for entire cable TV system (14.4 hours per month downtime)
- Mean time to repair break/fix incidents less than 10 business days