Conference and Event Technology Support
Description: Wofford provides technology support for conferences and other events. This service provides a dedicated technician to be onsite for a conference or event to provide technology assistance.
Eligibility: Faculty and staff
How to request: contact the IT Help Center
Initiated: Requests entered through the ITS Help Request system
Availability: This service is available between 8:00 am and 9:00 pm when campus is open.
Charges: College events, during normal business hours, are exempt from charges. Other events will be charged based on the type of technician (student tech or professional staff member.) When scheduling this service please indicate which type of technician you would like available and amount of time (1/2 day <= 4 hours; full day = 4-8 hours)
- ITS Student Tech – ½ day - $60; full day - $120
- ITS Professional Staff – ½ day - $200; full day - $400
- Tech onsite to provide immediate technology assistance
- Assistance provided for: connecting to WiFi, connecting to teaching stations, and basic computer troubleshooting
- Ensures installed audio and video equipment is set-up and operating as needed.
- For virtual events, support for hosting a Zoom meeting or webinar (see our Zoom meeting support service)
Owner: Martin Aigner
- Requests are made 2 weeks in advance
- Functioning network/server infrastructure
- Department budget number
- Dates, times and locations where support is required
- Guests have administrative rights to their personal computers
- Completed work requests
- Consulting and support
- Dedicated support will be available provided the request has been made 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Tech will be onsite for immediate assistance.