Identity and Access Management
Description: Services relating to authentication, access, role-based provisioning, etc.
Eligibility: Prospective students, students, alums, faculty and staff
How to request: ITS Help Request system and provisioning and de-provisioning as part of college workflows.
Initiated: Students are provisioned as part of the application process. Faculty and staff provisioned as part to the college employee on-boarding process. Roles and access change as determined by college processes. Password resets available through the MyWofford portal. Special assistance provided via the ITS Help Request system and the IT Help Center.
Availability: Automated and self-service changes available 24x7 except during designated maintenance times. Other assistance available during normal business hours (8am – 5pm, Monday through Fridays except holidays and shutdowns.)
Charges: There is no charge for this service.
- Features and limitations as specified in the College's Identity Management Policy.
- Directory services to identify people including their designated role(s)
- Authentication services for Wofford single-sign applications and services requiring other authentication methods
- Faculty/staff password resets required every 180 days
- Authorizations for application access as granted by data steward approvals.
- Federated identity services using approved secure technologies with approved third party services.
- Graduates may keep their account for a limited time after graduation as specified in the College Email and Calendaring service description.
- Consulting available for authentication integration with third party services.
- Consultations arranged at a mutually agreeable time
Owner: Matt Fisher
- Active Directory service
- Banner person information
- 3rd party and federated authentication
- MyWofford portal operation
- Network infrastructure
- Self-service authentication
- Consulting available during normal business hours
- Help Desk assistance during normal business hours
- Automated provisioning and de-provisioning as available
- Mean time to repair break/fix incidents less than 4.5 business days