College-Owned Cellphone Support
Description: Wofford College purchases mobile communications devices and wireless plans for a limited number of employees based on the responsibilities associated with a position.
Eligibility: Authorized staff
How to request: contact the IT Help Center
Initiated: College Cellphone Authorization form signed by a Vice President (or member of the President’s Cabinet) submitted to ITS for fulfillment.
Availability: 8:30 am - noon and 1:00pm - 5:00 pm M - F except for holidays and shutdowns
- All costs associated with mobile devices (equipment, accessories, and plan) are the responsibility of the department making the request.
- Current costs and charges are detailed on the College Cellphone Authorization Form.
- Staff member may be asked to reimburse the College for personal calls.
- Usage exceeding monthly limits may generate additional charges
- Wofford College contract with a wireless carrier for a standard service plan, cell phone, and telephone accessories for approved College mobile phone users.
- An employee wishing to have features other than those offered on the Cellphone Authorization Form must have approval from a Cabinet member and an appropriate budget number for the charge.Orders replacement devices with charges assigned to the appropriate department budget.
- Devices are entered and tracked in the ITS inventory system.
- Negotiates most favorable rates and charges to assist with operating budget planning.
- International calling with prior request and approval from a cabinet member.
Owner: Melissa Webber
- Purchase and service must be approved by a member of the President’s Cabinet.
- Purchase and service must be available from our contracted wireless carrier.
- Completed purchase and service start-up requests
- Delivered goods and services
- Initial contact with client within one business day
- Average delivery for purchases within one week of initial contact
- Mean time to repair break/fix incidents less than 8 business days