Website Configuration and Consulting
Description: services to support configuration and operation of the college’s web content management system, portal, personal web hosting, and other services delivered using web, mobile, and digital sign presentation technologies. Content for web, mobile, and digital signs are supported by the Office of Marketing and Communications.
Eligibility: Faculty, staff, and students
How to request: ITS Help Request system, or, for larger projects, an ITS project charter
Initiated: ITS Help Request or an approved ITS project charter
Availability: Web sites available 24X7 except during designated maintenance windows. Consulting and configuration support available during regular business hours (8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday except holidays and campus shutdowns.)
Charges: on campus resources at no charge; external hosting may incur charges
- Web content management system for the college’s web site hosted at a 3rd party hosting site.
- External department sites are hosted on the web content management system with content assistance and training provided by the office of Marketing and Communications.
- Campus portal for intranet information and access to authenticated self-service web applications.
- Campus web storage space for personal web-sites hosted on campus.
- Consulting available for usability testing and 3rd party service configurations.
- Consultations arranged at a mutually agreeable time
Owner: Franklin Pettit
- Functioning and secure on-campus network and server infrastructure
- Functioning 3rd party services as necessary
- Appropriate data steward approval for data made available either on or off-campus
- Web sites, mobile apps, and digital signs
- Techqual survey responses above minimum for “Having Web sites and online services that are easy to use.”
- Mean time to repair break/fix incidents less than 10 business days