Zoom Meeting Support
Description: Provide and support Wofford Zoom Pro accounts for faculty and administrative departments needing to host a web meeting with video conferencing and screen sharing capabilities. Wofford Zoom Pro accounts work with Wofford’s “Identity and Access Management” service. IT Staff assistance setting up and supporting an individual Zoom meeting, or a Zoom Webinar, is covered as part of the “Conference and Event Support” service.
Eligibility: faculty and staff
How to request: Contact the IT Help Center
Initiated: ITS Help Request system, contact with ITS Help Center staff
Availability: Services to request, or remove, a Zoom Pro account, or resolve a problem with a Zoom meeting, are available during normal business hours: 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday except holidays and campus shutdowns.
Charges: No charge faculty and departments within Academic Affairs. Other departments may have their license fees charged back to their department.
- Manage accounts for Zoom video-conferencing software.
- Monitor service levels as guaranteed by Wofford’s agreement with Zoom.
- Zoom login through Wofford’s single-sign-on only required for the host.
- Ability to conduct Zoom meetings lasting over 40 minutes.
- Ability for the host to record the meeting for later viewing.
- Ability to host a meeting with up to 300 participants (meetings needing more than 300 requires a Zoom webinar reservation, and ITS support as described in the Conference and Event Support Service.)
- Ability to schedule Zoom meetings and require a meeting password for participants.
- Ability to set a personal meeting ID and require a meeting password for participants.
- Provide consulting services for Zoom meetings.
- Monitor and report on Zoom Pro accounts use (accounts with minimal use may be re-assigned)
Owner: Kashalett Foster
- Functioning network connection with adequate bandwidth for the devices using the Zoom meeting.
- Host entered in Wofford’s Active Directory for single-sign-on.
- Functioning Wofford Single-sign-on system.
- Available Zoom storage in Wofford’s pool for recording meetings recorded to the cloud.
- Available local storage on the host’s computer for recording meetings on the computer.
- Zoom accounts with minimal use may be re-assigned.
- Completed IT Help Requests
- Consulting and support
- Wofford Zoom Pro account created within 1 business day
- Performance targets meeting or exceeding the Zoom service level agreement
- Mean time to repair break/fix incidents less than 5 business days