In February 1971, four women enrolled as day students at Wofford under a new policy that allowed for day student coeducation. The Board of Trustees had changed the policy to allow the admission of women in greater numbers, although women had been part of the student body in small numbers since the 1890's. Within five years, the college had moved to full residential coeducation. No matter the status at Wofford, women have made contributions to the campus community. This exhibit celebrates the history of women at Wofford and the ways that women have helped shape the college.